Are You Daunted by the Thought of Selling Yourself?
You’ve done all the hard work and your business is set up. So, what’s next?
You’ve got the unenviable task of getting out there to spread the word. This is where a lot of mumpreneurs fall at the first hurdle. Unless you’re a natural public speaker, marketing guru or ace networker – the thought of selling yourself can be daunting and damaging to your confidence. But to have a successful business you have to get out there in the marketplace.
That’s where I come in. My expertise is in supporting you to:
1. See how amazing you really are ~ we often don't see our full potential especially if our skill is something we personally find easy to do. It's difficult to believe that someone else would pay us to do it for them
2. Stand out from the crowd ~ in the marketplace you may be among hundreds of competitors so why should your customers chose you? Part of your message explains to potential customers why you are different. And you need to find your difference.
3. Boost your confidence ~ Selling yourself and your business is a skill that can be learned, but first we need to feel good about ourselves. Having a positive mindset is a crucial first step to achieving this goal.
4. Craft your business message ~ your customer needs to hear what you've got to say and it needs to be said in your authentic voice. Having a well honed message is worth its weight in gold.
5. Sell yourself without being too pushy ~ most of us feel uncomfortable doing the 'hard sell' thing and we'd rather not. Help is at hand. Once you learn how to help people to know, like and trust you, you will never have to sell yourself again.
6. Get out there and SHINE! ~ This is the part I love best. Watching you 'do your thing'. Once you've mastered the other 5 points, there'll be no stopping you - WooHoo!!
Find out more about working with me and creating the business you desire and deserve on my Work With Me page. I look forward to watching you shine!
A great set of question to ask yourself and it is important to remember that we need to shine, so often we don’t value ourselves and we can stay in hiding
Suzie Cheel recently posted..What If This Or Maybe That
Yes Suzie, well said!
We can stay in hiding and that’s understandable because it’s safe. But, you’re right – we need to shine if we are in business. And if we really hate the job of selling, then we can outsource it to someone who likes it and is good at it.
You’ve left no stones unturned, Heather.
All six of these facets of building your business are absolutely essential. I always like to place “mindset” at the very top. 🙂
So many of the mums I encounter who would love to start a business are exceptionally talented and they have wonderful ideas but they lack the “confidence” needed to be a mumpreneur. It’s a huge hurdle to jump over and a big stumbling block for some of them but it’s definitely something they can work on and master.
And everything takes time, right? Sometimes mums get so excited and overly anxious to dig their heels in, they end up skipping over vital steps in the process of starting up or growing a business. Enthusiasm and excitement is hard to put a damper on! 🙂
Melanie Kissell @SoloMompreneur recently posted..5 Monster Size Marketing Mistakes
You’ve touched on some really important stuff here. The confidence issue is a really big one. So often us mums find that our confidence has dropped and it’s important to work on building it back up again – it can be done.
And yes, in our excitement to grow, we can miss out the vital steps and have to go right back to the beginning and start again.
That’s where you and I can help our mumpreneurs to take each step at a time, by sharing our own experiences.
I think we all have at least one wonderful idea inside us to create a business – however that’s all too often where it stays “Inside of Us”.
To have a coach or a friend or someone where we can bounce ideas – allows that idea to emerge and turn into a wonderful business.
I am sure anyone who decides to work with you – will turn it from an “idea” into a wonderful business.
Donna Hamer recently posted..How to Build an Amazon Store using WordPress
What a wonderful compliment – thank you.
I’m in the ‘Believe in Yourself’ business 😉
I really love to watch my clients bloom as they realise their business ambitions. It often brings a tear.
Hi Heather, I loved your 6 key points, they are valuable answers to questions and hesitations that go on in our hearts and minds consistently as we go about doing our daily business activities.
Being a mumpreneur can be sometimes be challenging where we can feel like we are alone and lost in a maze.
And this is where we need to have each of those key points deeply rooted in us so that no challenge can knock our confidence and motivation and turn the challenge into a platform as a launch into the next phase of our business growth and success. 🙂
I hear what you’re saying – often we can feel alone and lost. That’s what I love about the networking I’ve encountered online. There are so many business mums willing and wanting to help other mums setting up their ventures and supporting them to grow. This support group helps to root out confidence and motivation and together we feel stronger. Thanks so much for pointing that out.
A very good read and certainly gave me food for thought. I have been busy selling and looking after the children for 5 years now and although the business is very successful I have done little or nothing to promote my business online (bad I know!). Now I’ve started my own blog I really need to get out there and sell myself. Will go and read your offer and may well be in touch soon. Thanks
Vicky Walmsley recently posted..Unleash Your Inner Jedi – The Star Wars Effect