What is your Proudest Moment in Business?
Today's post was inspired by our Monday Mumpreneur Janice when she shared with us that her proudest business moment was the day she opened her first shop and she identified the exact moment as being when she turned the sign on the door to 'Open'.
What a moment!
For a lot us us reading that, we got a spine tingling feeling as we remembered our proudest moments.
I'd love to know what your proudest business moment (or moments) have been.
I have a few:
1. My first proud moment was graduating top of my class when I did my psychotherapy/hypnotherapy post grad diploma. As soon as I started the course, I knew this was what I wanted to do with my life and I wasn't going to let anything stop me from working as hard as I could. I ended up getting the highest marks ever recorded on the course - I was so proud. I knew this was the start of my journey into business. All I could think about was having my own private practise. That was 1993 - I've come a long way since then.
2. Strutting my stuff on stage at the NEC in Birmingham was a very proud moment. Scary but proud! I was a speaker at a National Health Conference and was alongside very well known names on the heath and well being circuit.
3. Being featured in Emma Jones book Spare Room Start Up - How to Start a Business From Home. We later drove down to see her speak at an event in England (it took us 4 hours to get there and after the event, we drove all the way back home). She's a special lady, we wouldn't have done that for just anyone. She then came up to stay with us and spoke at the Wigtown Book Festival the following year. It was lovely!
4. Being presented with my Business Mentor of the Year Award from The Prince's Trust was an awesome moment. Prince Charles was meant to present it himself but couldn't make it, so he sent one of his ambassadors at the time - Nicholas Whitchell lol. Nicholas was lovely. Peter and I were invited to the Polo club in Cheshire (where HRH plays) and we had a lovely dinner in a marque next to the pitch. It was a very special day.
5. Getting my publishing deal for my series of children's relaxation cds Magical Meditations 4 Kids. Oh My Goodness!! Proud and very, very exciting. I was very calm for ages and everyone kept saying to me "When are you going to start jumping about?" But, I'd been offered book deals before and they had always fallen through, so I didn't want to get too excited. The day the box arrived, I very calmly opened it and took out my complimentary copies, had a really good look at them and then shouted Yipeeeeeeeee!!! And we all did the Happy Dance around the kitchen lol.
6. I always feel proud when my clients make the massive changes they want, but I'm particularly proud of my younger clients who have often experienced more life in their short years than we ever will. And I feel very proud when I get emails and letters from former clients telling me how much I've inspired them. I keep those notes to look at when I really need them.
I would love for you to share your proudest moments in business - let's celebrate our successes together . . .