What Would I do Differently?
This is a question someone asked me recently.
If I was setting up in business again, would I do anything differently?
If I could go back in time and give some advice to myself, what would it be?
After a long think, I came up with the following list:
- I would not waste time wondering if I was 'good enough'
- I would say 'yes' to a lot more opportunities a lot quicker
- I would push myself out of my comfort zone more
- I would believe in my abilities more
- I would trust my instincts
- I would let go of much more and not worry
I noticed a huge growth in my business when I started to push myself out of my comfort zone. This was in 2000 and if I had known all this when I set up my business in 1994, then I would have done it sooner. There are a lot of things in business that we think we don't like or we're no good at, but once we push ourselves to do those things, they become much easier.
I see this so much in the area of sales. A lot of my business mentees hate sales calls and sales meetings and will shy away from them. But all of us running a business have to deal with selling ourselves and our products - it just is! And the sooner we get comfortable with it, the better.
What would you do differently?